April 23, 2019
At the moment, about 25% of the electricity in the National Grid comes from renewable green sources, such as wind, solar and the sea. The remaining 75% of the UK’s electricity is generated through the burning of fossil fuels such as coal, oil and gas.
This is a major contributor to climate change, as a result of this, there is growing pressure from both society and the government for organisations to ‘go green’ and become more energy efficient.
A green tariff is a promise from your supplier that they’ll match all of the electricity that you use with accredited renewable energy, which is then fed back into the National Grid. There’s no way to ensure the actual electrons in your home are green instead of non-green, but the more people who sign up to a green energy tariff, the bigger the percentage of green energy on the UK grid, pushing us all towards a 100% renewable future.
1. It’s Easier than you think!
Switching to a green energy tariff is one of the quickest and simplest way for your business to reduce your carbon footprint, and it’s easier than you think – we’ll do the hard work for you!
2. Enhance your businesses reputation
Getting green certification to display within your offices promotes your carbon commitment to customers, employees and potential investors – it’ll show that you care for the environment and the impact businesses have upon climate change.
3. Business Winning
When bidding for certain contracts, you any not be eligible unless you meet certain environmentally friendly preconditions, signing up to a green energy contract could be the difference between you winning that big contract!
4. Save money
A green energy tariff from Love Energy Solutions could be cheaper than what your business is paying today, plus we’ll help you reduce your overall energy consumption through energy saving practices.
For more information on green energy contracts, or to switch your business to a carbon neutral contract today, give us a call on 0800 975 5380 or email [email protected]rgysolutions.com
On 2 May the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) published its...
Whether you are looking to place a metering contract, instal...
The report looks at future opportunities and urgent challeng...
Statistics from National Grid show that coal made up less th...